Monday, November 5, 2012

Guess who?

Guess who arrived in my mailbox today? Flat Stanley from a former student!
How great is that?! I am so excited! I can't wait to take Flat Stanley to my school, have him meet my students, take him to the beach, maybe snag a photo with the local flora and fauna. What a treat for me! It might even help me take my mind off the ridiculous amount of assessments I have to do this month.
Want to hear something crazy? My district does all their December assessments in November because we have to be able to mail the results off to the county office, where everything is printed and then mailed back to us. Sounds like the dark ages, right? Apparently, it's cheaper that way. (Behold the power of the almighty dollar!)
Also, I could really use the three weeks in November to TEACH everything my class should have mastered by December. Grrrrr.

1 comment: