Friday, November 16, 2012

Freaky Friday

Today was just weird.
Anyone else?

Within 30 minutes of the day, one of my students punched another in the face and gave him a bloody nose.

We had an assembly where my principal kissed a frog. (This was her promise if the school reached their fundraising goal. It was the fattest frog I have EVER seen.)

Another child yelled "SHIT!" in the lunch line, was sent to the office, then lied about why he was sent there.

When I was in the office later (minding my own beeswax, waiting on the secretary, who was alone, answering phones, while caring for two kids in the clinic), a second grade boy came running in yelling, "B---- is chasing me and he won't quit!" Then, B---- ran in and the two started physically fighting right there in front of me! Of course, no one else was there because my principal and AP were out delivering frozen cookie dough (which arrived late because the truck driver was in a fatal accident). So I got in the middle of the fist fight and held onto B--- (who just kept on swing'n), and I told the other child to go to class and he ran out. I finally got the kid to calm down and sit and wait for the principal.

What's going on with the world today?!

Here's my poor principal. She's really quite fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment