Thursday, April 18, 2013

Growth

It's quite amazing to watch my little English Learner students blossom in a second language. Here's a little girl's writing from the beginning of the year and one from this week.
I remember for the first semester, she'd only write very simple sentences. In October, she wrote 'I like pumpkin.' In November, it was 'I like turkey.' She stuck to very safe phrases and did not venture into the land of scribing her thoughts.
But look at her now! An entire story!
Here's what she wrote:
One day, I have to tell you something. (At) night I go to the mall with my family, take me and my baby. My family for me buy some book and I choose the book. I choose a book I love, is Strawberry Land. And next I go home. I draw a pink strawberry. And next, that all. The end.




No comments:

Post a Comment