Monday, March 5, 2012

Dinosaurs and Bad Words





























Today I was walking around each table in my classroom, showing the children a picture of an acrocanthosaurus, when one of my students looked at it and said, "That's a big-ass dinosaur!"
I just looked at him and said, "What did you say?"
He stared blankly at me and said, "That's a big-ass dinosaur", then started nodding his head (apparently in agreement with his statement).
Clearly, this child had no idea his vocabulary was totally inapproprate for school.
I looked at him and said, "You would just say, That's a big dinosaur!"
He kept nodding and as I walked away, I could tell he still didn't see the importance of leaving off that little word.
I was just glad he only said it to me and not the entire class.

No comments:

Post a Comment